After wrapping up three closings yesterday, I realized how many times I repeated myself to my buyers (3 different couples) on what they should do as soon as they receive their keys. So, if you are getting ready to close, or just did, make sure you look over these important items!
10. Change the locks. Especially if your home was a remodel, you can never be sure of how many people had keys to your home.
9. Do a quick check for any under the sink leaks. Your inspector should have noted these items, but it never hurts to double check!
8. Become comfortable with your breaker box and main water valve in case you would need to access them in an emergency.
7. Check each smoke detector one by one. Tedious, but worth it.
6. Clean the carpets if they aren't new. Buddy the dog may have been more familiar with that than the backyard...
5. Start off with your gutters clean. This can help prevent any buildup that can cause roof leaks later down the road.
4. Take care of any unwanted critters stat. Ain't nobody got time for that.
3. Confirm with the post office that your address is changed. set up, and ready to start receiving new mail.
2. Double check that all of the utilities have been moved into your name. You don't want your TV turning off in the middle of that big game..
1. Update your driver's license, car registration and voter registration.
Author:Emily Hall Phone: 904-612-5477 Dated: August 15th 2015 Views: 337 About Emily: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
We are an all women-run real estate company located in the heart of Riverside. We sell homes all over the great city of Jacksonville, but especially love focusing on the historic districts surrounding the urban core. We believe it is so important as a real estate agency to know the communities we are selling in and to believe in their beauty and worth. We love what we do and hope it shows! We are Root Realty, LLC and we want to help you and yours put down roots!
Every soon to be seller asks me the MILLION dollar question: Where sho
"Listed on Tuesday; contract on Saturday. Need I say more? And my experience was not an anomaly; this seems to be a common occurrence for The Elite Team. You will not regret hiring this team! Great work, MaryAnne Rodriguez!"